Random thoughts

I have not posted anything for past couple of weeks now. I guess I am having something like a blogger's block 'cause I can't think about any one topic to post a proper post. I decided that I'd just post my thoughts in the meanwhile.

One of my most reoccurring thoughts is a realization which has dawned on me about importance of visible beauty in our society. I might want to deny it but the world still looks at waif-like pale faced woman as beautiful. Beautiful women are always sought out, may it be for an alliance, preference in work areas or even just a smile. People become benevolent to beautiful women. The idea seems same about men too but I ain't sure.

Most people out there have no clue about Religion and more so about religion they follow. You'd be amazed by sheer percentage of people who just blindly follow rituals and think thats religion.

Fear of unknown seems to me as the biggest fear people have and that seems to dictate all major decisions in people's lives. Its quite contrary to the fact that nearly everything about the future is unknown and uncertain! Strangely, no decisions are taken keeping in mind the unknown! Sounds strange na? Think about it!

Last but not the least, I finally have started to understand the enormous meaning of 'this too shall pass'; the enormity is so huge that there isn't words to explain it any more.

2 comments:

fursat said...

The more our society is going visual with the reach of TV, the more shallow it is going in recognizing the real beauty of people which is always inside.

I used to blindly follow my religion too as a kid but the more I read about it now, the more I respect.

I think we all live by one or other fear of unknown but that's how our society has become.

Anks said...

" Most people out there have no clue about Religion and more so about religion they follow. You'd be amazed by sheer percentage of people who just blindly follow rituals and think thats religion"

I agree... and when kids ask questions, they are told to do as their elders say without asking any questions.... sad... :(